This course offers training and assessment of the key facts and situations which are vital when being aware of Assistance Dogs. They can be used to help track progress and for certification purposes.
Sign up available: Any time
Study mode: Online
Training method: Written instructions for each activity. 1:1 help with training is not included.
Assessment method: Quizzes and written assignments
Award: Certificate and rosette (shipment included)
Basic - This is the initial information which an individual would need to know. The information is simple and easy to understand to ensure that you have a foundation in which to progress further with. Units covered:
- What is an Assistance Dog?
- Legal information
- Types of Assistance Dog
- Identifying an Assistance Dog
- Acting around an Assistance Dog team
- Difficulties Assistance Dog teams face
Entry requirements: none
Intermediate - This is the more detailed and specific information which an individual would need to know. The information is more complex with the topics relating to real life situations and how to apply the information to support the Assistance Dog community. Units covered:
- The law in detail
- How can Assistance Dogs be trained?
- Correct behaviours for an Assistance Dog
- How Assistance Dogs mitigate their handlers disabilities
- Supporting Assistance Dog teams
- Basic Assistance Dog Awareness certificate
Advanced - This is the most detailed and specific information which an individual would need to know. The information helps to provide reasonable adjustment and looks in more detail on what it's like to work an Assistance Dog. Units covered:
- Assistance Dog organisations
- Making adjustments
- Incorrect behaviours for an Assistance Dog
- Asking unsuitable dogs to leave
- Case study
- Intermediate Assistance Dog Awareness certificate
Assistance Dog Awareness
- Product Code: AssistanceDogAwareness
- Availability: In Stock